Pool Chemistry is affected by many different factors including bathers, chemical additions and environmental influences. Because conditions in a pool change constantly, testing is vital to ensure proper water balance and sanitizer levels. Testing Tips:
- The water sample for testing should be taken approximately 18 inches below the water’s surface.
- The sample should be taken from an area of the pool that is away from skimmers and returns and should be taken from the same location every time.
- If using color blocks to compare colors, use a neutral colored (white) background behind the blocks and face away from the sun (sun should be behind you) to get the most accurate color assessment.
- Store test kits, reagents and test strips in a cool dark location and away from other chemicals (especially oxidizers).
- Replace reagents and test strips every year.
For more pool maintenance tips, please subscribe to our blog
or find us on facebook
The Pool Man Inc., is a Houston Pool Builder serving the Tomball, Cypress, Magnolia and Houston areas since 1981. We are a BBB (Better Business Bureau) accredited member, receiving the BBB Awards for Excellence for 2012 – a Pinnacle Winner.